One of the most difficult elements of studying and traveling abroad is simply being able to afford it - much of the
time, visa and work regulations in the host country simply do not allow for students to work legally. Things are
different for students on a special program administered by BUNAC,
the British Universities North America Club. Through BUNAC’s Work in Britain program, you can become a part of
everyday British life and experience first-hand Britain’s amazing blend of old and new cultures. As a program
participant, you are able to take almost any type of job, anywhere in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern
Ireland for just a summer or up to six months. Using program leads or personal contacts, participants work in
a wide variety of jobs including career-related or study-related positions ranging from bartender to banker,
office temp to theater usher.
PROGRAM BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Blue Card - special, government-approved student work document valid for a maximum of six months from the
initial date of entry into the UK. Take almost any job, anywhere, at any time.
- Program Handbook - includes tax, national insurance, general advice on life in Britain, accommodation
information and employer listings ranging from restaurants to research institutes.
- Discount accommodation for the first three nights in London, if required.
- Orientation in BUNAC’s London or Edinburgh office. Provides vital information on jobs and accommodation,
essential government paperwork, a welcome pack including a free, three-month National Express discount coach card,
maps and student guides.
- Over 40 year’s worth of contacts and experience. Participants can be independent, finding their own way in
a different culture, but BUNAC is always there to assist you if needed.
- Social programs exclusively for BUNAC participants, including pub meets, day trips around the UK and
weekend journeys to continental Europe!
- Special phone card - including fax and voice mail facilities.
- A great way to enhance your résumé - stand out from the crowd and gain a head start in the job market.
To apply to Work in Britain you must currently be at least 18 years old and a US citizen holding a US passport
or a permanent resident/Green Card holder. You must also be a full-time student taking at least 8 credit hours,
matriculated towards a degree at an accredited US or Canadian University and you must enter Britain to begin the
program within one semester of your last period of full-time study – the ‘semester of eligibility’.
It is your responsibility to obtain a valid US passport.
For further eligibility details, please visit our website here:
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Please visit our website at http://www.bunac.org/usa or call 1-800-462-8622
for more information and to request a brochure and application.