Study in Britain and Ireland - A directory of study abroad & full degree programmes to England, Scotland, Wales & Ireland!

      Advertise With Us |  Add/Edit Your Listings |  Home  

StudyinBritain.Com. A Directory of Study Abroad Programs in the UK, and Ireland.

Free Newsletter!   (info)

General Information:
English Language Schools
UK Educational System
Univ. Rankings by Subject
Work in Britain
Work in Ireland
University Websites
Useful Links

Funding / Scholarships:
USA Scholarships
Institutional Scholarships
Gilman Scholarship
General Scholarships Info
US Federal Student Aid
Financial Aid
Student Loans

Tourism/Services Abroad:
Wales Tourist Board
Student Travel Agencies
Discount Cards for Students
Roommate Search
International Calling
Health & Safety Abroad

Airfare Specials
Car Rental
Public Transportation
  •  London Transport

Visa Information
UK Entry Permits
US Passport Application

Faculty / Advisors:
Recruit US College Students
Programme Development
Univ. Rankings by Subject
Grade Conversion Chart
UK Educational System
Expense Calculator

Using Debit and Credit Cards
Currency Calculator
Historical Rates
Euro Information
Expense Calculator

[ Home ]
[ Add/Edit Your Listings ]
[ Advertise With Us ]
[ Contact Us ]

Print this Page Print This Page

U.S. Passport Information


DS-11: Application for U.S. Passport
DS-82: Application For U.S. Passport By Mail

DS-11 and DS-82 application forms both have 4 pages. Pages 1 and 2 provide information for the applicant and are not for submission. Page 3 requires information to be completed by the applicant, and although page 4 requires no information from the applicant, it does contain official legal statements and is required as part of the application form. Pages 1,2, and 4 should be read before completing page 3. Your application for submission must be printed pages 3 and 4. Your application will not be accepted without both these pages.

The following forms are available for printing. Failure to use the correct form will result in a delay in the issuance of your passport:

DS-11: Application for Passport

Pages 3 and 4 of this form must be presented and signed in person at an authorized passport acceptance facility.

You must use this form if:

  1. You have never had a US passport or
  2. You are under age 16 or
  3. Your most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago or
  4. Your most recent passport was lost or stolen.
    (If you are applying because your most recent passport was lost or stolen, you will also need to submit Form DS-64)

Please follow the instructions on pages 1 and 2. Print and complete page 3, and print and read page 4 carefully before appearing with pages 3 and 4 to apply for your passport.

DS-82: Application For Passport By Mail

(For Renewals Only) This form should be used for renewing a previously issued US passport by mail at anytime OR in person at a Regional Passport Agency if you are traveling internationally, or need your passport for foreign visas, with 14 days. For a list of Regional Passport Agencies, including their addresses and automated appointment system telephone numbers, please click here. There are 4 criteria for using this form. Please use the following checklist to see if you are eligible to apply with a DS-82:

  1. I can submit my most recent passport AND
  2. I was at least 16 years old when my most recent passport was issued AND
  3. I was issued my most recent passport in the last 15 years AND
  4. I use the same name as on my most recent passport or since my passport was issued, I have had my named changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect my name-change.

If you answered NO to any of the 4 statements above…STOP!
You cannot use Form DS-82! You must apply on a DS-11.

Note: Page 1 of the DS-82 gives phone numbers to call for inquiries. If you have a question about the application process not answered by our website or want to know the status of a pending application, please call the:

National Passport Information Center
This contact center is funded by user-fees. No tax dollars are used.
1-900-225-5674 (TDD: 1-900-225-7778)
With Visa, MasterCard, or American Express:
1-888-362-8668 (TDD: 1-888-498-3648)

Or go to: U.S. Department of State - Passport Services Website

(Information provided herein from the U.S. Department of State Passport Services and Information.)

study abroad | college admissions | admissions | college search | scholarships | business scholarships | nursing scholarships | university scholarships | student aid | college scholarships

© 2013 | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy